Job Title: HR Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Finance
Pay Range: $50,000-$60,000 annually
Who we are:
WeldWerks Brewing is a fast-growing, locally owned, and operated craft brewery in historic downtown Greeley, Colorado. With a staff of approximately 50 people, we execute our unique and original product line of beers with the highest quality ingredients, a state-of-the-art brewing system, and the latest brewing practices. Our core values include a dedication to quality, honest transparency, earnest candor, operational autonomy, and personal growth. We strongly believe that these five core values are crucial for enabling our team members to flourish and grow
Get to know this role:
Since we opened in 2015, WeldWerks has experienced rapid growth in the past 8 years. During this time, our staff has also grown significantly as well. With us now having over 60 employees, the time has come to create this new leadership role fully dedicated to the betterment of our operations and staff, its ongoing development, improvement, implementation, and support of the Human Resources needs we have as a company.
As our Human Resources Manager, you will set the tone for the entire human resources department. From employee relations to payroll to compliance issues, the HR department helps ensure WeldWerks and its staff run smoothly. You will be responsible for all administrative activities related to personnel, developing recruitment strategies, implementing systems across all departments for supervision staff performance, benefits, payroll, any behavioral issues, and onboarding or exiting of employees.
We need teammates who will go the extra mile in both ability and desire, who is more than just an employee but a trusting team member that can contribute to our long term success. We need a dynamic person that is interested in continually transforming our brewery to be the best it can be!
As our Human Resources Manager, duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keeps the strategy up to date
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Ensure all company HR policies are applied consistently
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory
- Partner with management to ensure strategic HR goals are aligned with business initiatives
- Maintain HR systems and processes
- Ensuring and supporting managers in conducting performance and salary reviews
- Provide support and guidance to HR staff
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits
- Design and implement employee retention strategies
- Execute payroll for staff
- Assist employees in understanding, management, and training with benefits and processes needed to engage them
- Represent company and be point of contact for benefit management with contracted benefit companies
Details about our ideal candidate:
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum two years experience administering payroll.
- Business Management or Human Resource degree and/or Leadership experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for developing the employee's experience.
- Strong knowledge in labor laws, compliance, industry staffing standard, benefit management, FMLA, and other employee related systems needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively work with a wide variety of people, personalities, communication styles.
- Proficient in Google applications
- Personal Competencies:
- Good listener
- Excellent administrative skills with a strong attention to detail.
- High Emotional Intelligence with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Works well collaborating with others and in a team setting
- Great at communicating consistently within a vastly diverse group of people
- Team effectively with guests, leadership, and co-workers.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure or when dealing with conflict or stressful situations.
- Supervision Skills:
- Can use independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed with daily operations.
- Uses self direction in discovering tasks and keeping the team busy through slow periods.
- Hours, Travel, and Physical Requirements:
- Must be 21 years old
- Available to work some weekends or evenings as needed
- Full time availability
- Must be able to request time off with a minimum of two weeks notice (barring extenuating circumstances)
We are hiring for a full time position, which includes a 401(k) retirement plan, sick & holiday paid time off, educational opportunities, and of course, plenty of free beer. Full time employees also are eligible for full health care benefits which include 100% paid employee coverage and 50% premium coverage for coverage with dependent. The pay range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000 annually.
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
WeldWerks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.