Line Cook, The Annex Kitchen (Open Pool)
PLEASE NOTE: We are still accepting applications for the Line Cook position, but not actively scheduling interviews. Please apply if you would like to be considered when we resume hiring.
Job Title: Line Cook
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Head Chef
Starting Pay: $18 per hour
Availability: Full & part time
As a key part of our business, our tap room often provides craft beer enthusiasts the first experience of our brewery and beers. And to ensure this first customer experience is a positive one, we are dedicated to providing the best possible service and hospitality to ensure our guests are made to feel welcome in a fun and relaxing environment.
As of 2022, a major part of that experience is The Annex at WeldWerks, an on-site restaurant concept devoted to the same ideals that have always been the backbone of our production philosophy, and that’s a dedication to quality, innovation and pushing experimentation to the limits. The line cooks will be responsible for ensuring that each dish crafted and served is of the highest quality in execution and presentation. Each member of the kitchen staff will be encouraged to both explore their own creative bounds and engage in continuous learning and skill development.
But the perfect fit for us will go the extra mile in both ability and desire. More than a line cook, we are looking for a trusting team member that can contribute to our long term success and for a dynamic person that is interested in building our brewery to be the best it can be!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all Food Safety guidelines while in the kitchen and on-line and address any situations that need adjustment or attention from management
- Execute each menu item to the expected standards of quality as dictated by the head chef while maintaining a high level of efficiency
- Perform daily and nightly cleaning routines and maintain all sanitation and cleanliness standards
- Maintain positive and constant communication with the team while working on-line
- Perform menu item and product inventory counts and communicate station needs
- Complete all prep list items and station set up in a timely manner
- Ensure each dish leaving the kitchen meets all quality and presentation standards
- Cross train on all stations in order to function competently in all aspects of the kitchen
- Skill and Knowledge:
- Strong passion for continual development of sensory evaluation of ingredients and finished products
- Basic knowledge of and a passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Basic knowledge of flavors, ingredients, and cooking methods
- Basic knowledge of all health department regulations and food safety guidelines
- Basic ability to utilize all forms of cooking equipment
- Must be able to complete the ServSafe course within six months of hire
- Previous experience working in a professional kitchen environment a plus
- Personal Competencies:
- Communicate effectively with management and co-workers
- Remain calm under pressure while performing at a high level when cooking, running a shift and dealing with guests or staff
- Be a strong and trusting teammate
- Strong problem solving skills
- Use independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed
- Duties are given in the form of broad goals or areas of responsibility
- Self direction in discovering tasks and staying busy through slow periods
- Hours, Travel and Physical Requirements:
- Work weekends and evenings
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Frequently lift up to 55 pounds
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings
- Request time off work at least two weeks in advance
We are hiring for a full time position, which includes a 401(k) retirement plan, sick & holiday paid time off, educational opportunities, and of course, plenty of free beer. Full time employees also are eligible for full health care benefits which include 100% paid employee coverage and 50% premium coverage for coverage with dependent. Beyond that we have plenty of other soft benefits and opportunities to share upon hiring that make working on our team all the more exciting. Starting pay for this position is $18 an hour.
WeldWerks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.