Job Title: Line Cook
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Head Chef
Starting Pay: $18 per hour
Availability: Full time
Who we are:
WeldWerks Brewing is a fast-growing, locally owned, and operated craft brewery in historic downtown Greeley, Colorado. We execute our unique and original product line with the highest quality ingredients, a state-of-the-art brewing system, and the latest brewing practices. Our core values include a dedication to quality, honest transparency, earnest candor, operational autonomy, and personal growth. We strongly believe that these five core values are crucial for enabling our team members to flourish and grow. In 2021 our staff recognized us as a Great Place to Work, and in 2022 we are setting our sights on some considerable growth opportunities.
Get to know this role:
As a key part of our business, our tap room often provides craft beer enthusiasts the first experience of our brewery and beers. And to ensure this first customer experience is a positive one, we are dedicated to providing the best possible service and hospitality to ensure our guests are made to feel welcome in a fun and relaxing environment.
As of 2022, a major part of the WeldWerks experience is The Annex at WeldWerks, an on-site restaurant concept devoted to the same ideals that have always been the backbone of our production philosophy, and that’s a dedication to quality, innovation and pushing experimentation to the limits. The line cooks will be responsible for ensuring that each dish crafted and served is of the highest quality in execution and presentation. Each member of the kitchen staff will be encouraged to both explore their own creative bounds and engage in continuous learning and skill development.
We need teammates who will go the extra mile in both ability and desire, who is more than just a front of house employee but a trusting team member that can contribute to our long term success. Someone who can provide input on team improvements and workflow, whose flexibility mirrors the needs of the team, and who is a dynamic person that is interested in continually transforming our brewery to be the best it can be!
As our Line Cook, you will be responsible for:
- Quality and Proficiency:
- Execute each menu item to the expected standards of quality as dictated by the head chef while maintaining a high level of efficiency
- Perform daily and nightly cleaning routines and maintain all sanitation and cleanliness standards
- Complete all prep list items and station set up in a timely manner
- Ensure each dish leaving the kitchen meets all quality and presentation standards
- Communication and Teamwork:
- Maintain positive and constant communication with the team while working on-line
- Perform menu item and product inventory counts and communicate station needs
- Safety and Engagement:
- Follow all Food Safety guidelines while in the kitchen and on-line
- Address health or safety issues that require adjustment or attention from management
- Cross train on all stations in order to function competently in all aspects of the kitchen
Details about our ideal candidate:
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of and a passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Basic knowledge of flavors, ingredients, and cooking methods
- Basic knowledge of all health department regulations and food safety guidelines
- Basic understanding of cooking equipment utilization and functionality
- Must be able to complete the ServSafe course within six months of hire
- Previous experience working in a professional kitchen environment a plus
- Personal Competencies:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Communicate effectively with management and co-workers
- Remain calm under pressure while performing at a high level when cooking, running a shift and working with guests
- Be a strong and trusting teammate
- Supervision Skills:
- Can use independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed with daily operations
- Uses self direction in discovering tasks and staying busy through slow periods
- In the absence of direct management, is able to coordinate with teammates in determining and adjusting daily staffing needs
- Hours, Travel, and Physical Requirements:
- Must be 21 years old
- Available to work weekends and evenings
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Frequently lift up to 55 pounds
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings
- Request time off work at least two weeks in advance
We are hiring for a full time position, which includes a 401(k) retirement plan, sick & holiday paid time off, educational opportunities, and of course, plenty of free beer. Full time employees also are eligible for full health care benefits which include 100% paid employee coverage and 50% premium coverage for coverage with dependent.Starting pay for this position is $18 an hour.
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
WeldWerks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.