Compliance/Accounts Receivable Manager
Job Title: Compliance/AR Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Senior Director of Finance and Business Administration
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 annually + Monthly Tip Pool Wages
WeldWerks Brewing is a fast growing, locally owned and operated craft brewery in historic downtown Greeley, Colorado. We execute our unique and original product line with the highest quality ingredients, a state-of-the-art brewing system, and the newest brewing practices. Our mission is to craft quality products and creative experiences to connect and improve our communities. We approach all aspects of our business by caring for our people so that we may grow and protect a culture where we can genuinely improve ourselves, our craft and our community.
Our production, sales, and marketing teams work at high speed to service our ever-rotating and high frequency release schedules that has become core to the WeldWerks identity. In order to continue on our path of growth and creative expansion, our Compliance Manager/AR Manager will work with multiple departments to ensure our products are in compliance and manage payment processes with all wholesale partners to improve company cash flow. This position requires someone capable of working independently to develop and implement regulatory and compliance procedures, coordinate cross-team workflow and communication, proactively problem solve as we continue to grow as a brand.
The perfect fit for us will go the extra mile in both ability and desire. More than an employee, we are looking for a trusted team member who aligns with our company value and culture and is excited by the prospect of contributing to our long term success. We are looking for a dynamic person that is interested in continually transforming our brewery to be the best it can be!
As our Compliance/AR Manager, you will be responsible for:
Compliance Management - 60%
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the brewery industry’s legal and compliance requirements.
- Manage state level compliance, including permits and licenses, brand and label registrations/renewals, shipment/tax reporting, price posting and recycling posting
- Submit and manage applications with the TTB, including COLAs, formula approval, and licensing.
- Wholesale Relationships:
- Draft, review and facilitate contracts including wholesaler agreements, sales agreements, sponsorship agreements and lease agreements. Evaluate and facilitate all wholesaler termination fillings.
- Assist the Sales Manager to coordinate information sharing and reporting requirements with wholesale chain accounts.
- Monitor compliance metrics, maintain, and develop relevant policies, procedures and tracking systems for registrations, reporting, renewals and deadlines.
- Advise Senior Director of Finance & Business Admin on existing and/or proposed policies, procedures, and processes to ensure adherence with industry standards and federal, state, local laws and regulations
- Advise Marketing and Production managers on all labels and corresponding beers to ensure the team understands compliance requirements and troubleshoot potential issues.
- Build, implement and manage the communication strategy for regulatory changes
- Utilize legal consultation as needed in preparing and reviewing contracts, coordinating agreements and amendments, filling and maintenance, researching state and federal regulations, and other compliance related matters
- Identify potential compliance risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Facilitate research, filing and maintenance of IP/Trademarks.
Accounts Receivable Management - 40%
- Manage the receipt and processing of payments from wholesale customers including checks, electronic transfers, and Fintech.
- Monitor and follow-up on overdue accounts by sending reminders, making collection calls, utilizing legal counsel, and working to resolve payment disputes
- Manage and follow credit hold SOP for accounts with outstanding invoices, update past due reports and maintain effective communication with sales representatives.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with wholesale customers to facilitate the payment process and resolve any issues amicably.
- Identify opportunities to streamline accounts receivable processes, reduce inefficiencies, and improve cash flow.
- Skill and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in regulatory and compliance activities within the beverage industry preferred
- Strong ability to collaborate and work well with management, peers and across functions
- Proficient with multitasking and prioritizing requests and projects
- Highly skilled at critical thinking and analytical problem solving
- Strong experience in identifying operational inefficiencies
- Personal Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High aptitude for learning
- A self starter and people connector
- Maintain relationships with outside groups and vendors
- Remain calm under pressure or when dealing with unexpected delays or changes
- Uses independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed
- Duties are given in the form of broad goals or areas of responsibility
- Hours, Travel and Physical Requirements:
- Must be 21 years old
- Some work may be done remote work as agreed upon with the Director of Brewing Ops
- $50,000-$60,000 annual salary
- This position qualifies to participate in the company tip pool. Tips are pooled and paid out on a monthly basis for all eligible positions.
- Health insurance (100% paid employee coverage or 50% premium coverage with dependent)
- 401(k) retirement plan after one year of employment
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid time off and sick leave
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Wage information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is WeldWerks' good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other position-related reasons
WeldWerks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.