Taproom Ambassador (Open Application Pool)
Please Note: We are passively collecting applications for the role of Taproom Ambassador here, but may not currently have an opening. We will regularly review incoming resumes and reach out as openings arise. Don't hesitate to stop by our taproom or reach out via email if you have further inquiries. We appreciate your interest and patience
Job Title: Taproom Ambassador
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Taproom Manager
Pay Rate: Starting at $17.50 per hour
Part-Time and Full-Time: 20-40 hours/week including weekends & evenings
Who we are:
WeldWerks Brewing is a fast-growing, locally owned, and operated craft brewery in historic downtown Greeley, Colorado. We execute our unique and original product line with the highest quality ingredients, a state-of-the-art brewing system, and the latest brewing practices. Our core values include a dedication to quality, honest transparency, earnest candor, operational autonomy, and personal growth. We strongly believe that these five core values are crucial for enabling our team members to flourish and grow. In 2021 our staff recognized us as a Great Place to Work, and in 2022 we are setting our sights on some considerable growth opportunities.
Get to know this role:
As a key part of our business, our tap room often provides craft beer enthusiasts the first experience of our brewery and beers. And to ensure this first customer experience is a positive one, we are dedicated to providing the best possible service and hospitality to ensure our guests are made to feel welcome in a fun and relaxing environment.
The taproom ambassador is the first brewery representative that our guests meet. Therefore it is imperative that our staff be approachable, friendly and knowledgeable. You are not only representing our brand, but our entire crew and company. You have to like being around people and you have to be dedicated to providing excellent service!
We need teammates who will go the extra mile in both ability and desire, who is more than just a front of house employee but a trusting team member that can contribute to our long term success. Someone who can provide input on customer experience improvements and workflow, whose flexibility mirrors the needs of the team, and who is a dynamic person that is interested in continually transforming our brewery to be the best it can be!
As our Taproom Ambassador, you will be responsible for:
- Crafting the environment:
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, informative, and courteous service
- Maintain a safe and healthy taproom environment for guests and co-workers
- Speak knowledgeably about current beer and food offerings as well as general company and brewing operations
- Keep the taproom and outside areas clean and organized at all times
- Contribute to building a continually improving taproom experience by identifying and communicating service and workflow inconsistencies and inefficiencies as well as taproom aesthetic and atmosphere enhancements
- Being a strong teammate:
- Understand communication channels and expectations and be able to share and receive constructive feedback to leadership and peers
- Display flexibility and willingness to cover shifts and provided additional team support when needed
- Be available to work a minimum of three scheduled shifts per week with an emphasis on weekends
- Acquire all applicable trainings such as but not limited to TIPS training and Cicerone Certified Beer Server certification in a timely manner
- Taking initiative:
- Approach issues, either operational or guest-related, by applying personal judgment based to general procedural guidelines
- Identify gaps in product and operational knowledge and take independent action to seek answers and take advantage of educational offerings
- During down time, ensure all delegated tasks are complete
- Support restaurant operations:
- Supply customers with accurate and knowledgeable information about menu items with a particular emphasis on allergens
- Deliver food orders to tables in a timely manner; understand when to prioritize food delivery over other tasks
- Bus tables and run bus tubs to the dish station to keep tables clean and the kitchen stocked
Details about our ideal candidate:
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of and a passion for craft beer and the hospitality industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills and ability to use a POS system
- Customer service experience a plus
- Personal Competencies:
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively with guests, leadership, and co-workers
- Ability to remain calm under pressure or when dealing with disgruntled guests
- Be a strong and trusting team player
- Basic problem solving skills
- Supervision Skills:
- Can use independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed with daily operations
- Uses self direction in discovering tasks and staying busy through slow periods
- In the absence of direct management, is able to coordinate with teammates in determining and adjusting daily staffing needs
- Hours, Travel, and Physical Requirements:
- Must be 21 years old
- Must have regular availability to work weekends, evenings, and events
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Frequently lift up to 160 pounds
Benefits: We are hiring for part- & full-time positions which both include flexible scheduling, a 401(k) retirement plan, sick & holiday pay, paid time off, educational opportunities, and of course, plenty of free beer. Full time employees also are eligible for full health care benefits which include 100% paid employee coverage and 50% premium coverage for dependents. Beyond that we have plenty of other soft benefits and opportunities to share upon hiring.
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
WeldWerks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.