Director of Sales
Job Title: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Co-Founders/Co-Owners
Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000 depending on experience
Who we are:
WeldWerks Brewing is a fast-growing, locally owned, and operated craft brewery in historic downtown Greeley, Colorado. We execute our unique and original product line with the highest quality ingredients, a state-of-the-art brewing system, and the latest brewing practices. Our core values include a dedication to quality, honest transparency, earnest candor, operational autonomy, and personal growth. We strongly believe that these five core values are crucial for enabling our team members to flourish and grow. In 2021 our staff recognized us as a Great Place to Work, and in 2022 we are setting our sights on some considerable growth opportunities.
Get to know this role:
Our Sales team is the champion of our brand. Akin to our mantra of, “Dialed-in Beer”, they continually strive to better understand who our customer is, what products excite them, and where we can execute our brand strategy to craft compelling experiences. We’re looking for our next Sales Director to lead this agile and driven team which has a perpetual focus on improvement.
At the core of our sales philosophy is the delivery of unmatched quality beer and superior service across the entirety of the customer experience. Our key relationships are craft-centric bars, high-end restaurants, and thoughtfully curated liquor stores. We complement these touchpoints with attendance at local festivals, promotions, and a team-wide concerted effort towards continual account education and engagement.
Across the Front Range, our team of sales reps and logistics operators are constantly pushing our beer out to the best outlets to reach our customers. Our future Sales Director’s number one priority will be to engage with the sales team as a coach, leader, and mentor!
We place a strong focus on the training and education of our leaders - and we expect all managers/directors to do the same with their teams. Our Sales Director will spearhead the professional growth of their team through honesty, vulnerability, communication, and education. In addition to staff engagement, the Sales Director is responsible for the improvement of a holistic sales program, with the goal of driving sales strategies and building brand awareness.
It is essential that our team members go the extra mile in both ability and desire. We need individuals that naturally possess a true owner/operator mentality who will help contribute to our long-term success. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual who is excited to join us in dialing in our brewery to be the best it can be!
As our Sales Director, you will be responsible for:
- Team leadership and development:
- Coach, mentor, connect and engage all Sales and Logistics team members
- Constantly evaluate communication, systems, programs, processes, and procedures for improvements and training opportunities
- Drive CRM and ERP (Ekos) system usage
- Design and implement all-team and individualized training programs
- Develop and execute immediate and long-term sales strategies:
- Team and territory-specific strategies, goals, and forecasts
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Drive customer relationship in all territories:
- Develop and maintain key relationships with top accounts
- Develop and execute chain/group account programs and sales campaigns
- Develop promotional opportunities to drive engagement
- Function as an active and contributing member of company leadership:
- Develop and maintain relationships with all lines of business leaders
- Be an exemplary company role model in the areas of leadership, communication, professionalism, ethics, and strategic + critical thinking
- Participate in leadership meetings i.e. quarterly planning and budgeting
- Participate as a key member in the design and management of our brand portfolio
Details about our ideal candidate:
- Skill and Knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years experience in sales or sales management
- Advanced knowledge of and a passion for craft beer and the brewing industry (Cicerone certification a plus)
- Advanced skill in building and motivating teams
- Advanced skill in identifying inefficiencies and creating sustainable, scalable solutions
- Advanced skill in developing new accounts and maintaining current accounts
- Advanced skill in CRM and Google Apps systems
- Advanced knowledge of sales reports
- Creative ability to develop and maintain sales marketing materials
- Strong knowledge of inventory management
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance
- Personal Competencies:
- Elite written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- High aptitude for continuous self-learning
- Communicate effectively with customers, management, and co-workers
- Remain calm under pressure or when dealing with difficult issues
- Be a strong and trusting team player
- Maintain strong relationships with outside groups and vendors
- Supervision Skills:
- Works with senior management to enact strategies for growth
- Duties are given in the form of broad goals or areas of responsibility
- Uses independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed
- Hours, Travel, and Physical Requirements:
- Clean Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR)
- Frequently lift up to 160 pounds
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Work weekends, evenings, and events (local and regional)
- Must be 21 years old
We are hiring for a full time position, which includes a 401(k) retirement plan, sick & holiday paid time off, educational opportunities, and of course, plenty of free beer. Full time employees also are eligible for full health care benefits which include 100% paid employee coverage and 50% premium coverage for coverage with dependent. Beyond that we have plenty of other soft benefits and opportunities to share upon hiring that make working on our team all the more exciting. Projected pay range for this position is $75,000 - $100,000 per year.
WeldWerks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.